Wednesday, June 01, 2011

A Rose by any other name is a Pearl

Peshie, Peppy, Phyliss, and rose by any name is a pearl. It is with great sadness that I tell you that Aunt Peppy (the boss),passed away this morning. She wasthe last of the Dubroff siblings. It is with great joy that I tell you she died exactly the way she wanted to… at home, surrounded by her children, and without any pain. It is with incredible selfishness that I tell you how much I wanted her to be in the front row of the opening of Gefilte Fish Chronicles, the Musical.

It was a project that meant so much to her. She loved the music and the story, not only because it was inspired by the Documentary, but because it continues to send a message she felt was so important. It has to be someone or many someone’s responsibility to keep the family traditions, celebrations, recipes and stories a part of how we live our lives – because it is what will keep all our beloved family members alive in our hearts and our memories.

And so Peshie, Peppy, Phyliss and Pearl, I promise I will do whatever I can to keep us all connected and to keep all of you always as a part of our conversation. I only wish you had waited to taste the new Jack Daniels with honey – you would really have enjoyed it on the rocks. We’re just sayin… Iris

3 comments:

D and N said...

Noah and I send our sincere condolences, having experienced similar recently.
Time heals the pain and thankfully enhances the memory.

Anonymous said...

Love you, Aunt Pep. Please give my Nana a big hug and kiss for me.

Unknown said...

So sorry, Iris, but wonderful memories for you all.