Thursday, June 28, 2012

Forty Years and then some


In going through a lot of my older photographs *(yes, that makes me old, too, right?) i found a number of them which I want to find my anonymous subjects.. from time to time I ll post a picture here and Facebook, on the hopes that someone might actually know a little more than I do. The first one...an ebullient group of GI's in Phu Bai (Viet Nam) on Christmas 1970... members of the 101st Airborne Division react with gusto to Bob Hope and some of the hot numbers travelling with him. I know there are a lot of these guys hanging around, thinking.. "gee, where is the guy who shot my picture that Christmas 42 years ago ...?" Let me know if you know someone! We're just sayin'... David

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is that a woman soldier in the front middle - just to the right of the man in the light shirt/jacket standing up with both arms in the air?

Wonderful image of humanity. I can't help but think of all the lives and stories each face represents. Thank you for sharing it.